Saturday, February 21, 2009

Diane's Story

Learning from her mistake allowed Diane to become a Secondary Virgin.

"I knew this guy for a long time but hadn't seen him in a while. When we saw each other, we both noticed each other. He was good friends with my older brother, so he'd come over a lot. Every time he came over, we would flirt and talk a lot. My family joked with me and said we liked each other, but I always denied it.

One day, my family went out of town and left me at home. Someone was staying with me, but she didn't get to my house until late that night. My brother's friends (like four of them) stayed at the house to look out for me. After everyone left, that one guy came back. We kissed and "messed around," then he left. But he started calling me. Every time he came over, we would somehow end up alone. We would talk and laugh and kiss. He made a remark about how I could sneak out and go to his house. Being only 14, I thought that would be cool. So, one night, I did. I didn't plan on having sex with him, but one thing led to another, and I did. I told him I didn't want to, but he said, 'You know you're going to do it, so would you rather do it with me or would you rather it be someone else?' I thought for a second and still said no. But when he wouldn't give up, I just went for it. I thought I'd end up doing it anyway, so I might as well have done it with someone I knew real well. We still talked and remained friends, and a few weeks later, I snuck out again and slept with him again. We stayed friends for a few weeks, until some people found out and we stopped talking to each other. I saw him recently when I was out with my friends; I said 'Hi.' He said the same, then introduced me to his girlfriend, but not with my name. Instead, he called me 'Matt's little sister.' That hurt. I knew then how shallow and stupid I'd been. I deeply regret what I did. I've made a promise to myself and to God that I will never do it again. I've set boundaries so I'll never do anything even close to that again. Although this is my Secondary Virginity, it will be with me until I'm married. I'd give anything to take back what I did with him."

No comments:

Post a Comment